kdevelop 4.7 and beyond (was: clang++-mp-3.4 doesn't find initializer_list on OS X 10.6)

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Sep 8 01:24:25 PDT 2014

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> All this talk about keeping track of C++ runtimes and switching to libc++ is dangerous because it proposes a huge amount of work that deftly dances around the actual problem.

It's not a huge amount of work. It already works. The question is
about providing a buildbot with binaries. (Personally I'm not willing
to keep recompiling Qt, clang and all other software just to get
libc++ working.)

What do you mean with "dancing around the actual problem"? The problem
is that the default libstdc++ on < 10.9 doesn't have support for
C++11.

(But yes, the use of GPLv3 has something to do with the issue. The
version of libstdc++ that supports C++11 no longer provides a suitable
licence for Apple.)

Mojca