Can I get ports to work under 10.10 Yosemite?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Sep 11 14:34:52 PDT 2014

On Sep 11, 2014, at 7:37 AM, LuKreme wrote:

> I have 10.10 installed on my laptop and wold like to update some of the installed ports, but cannot get past the "wrong darwin" check.

I find this inconvenient too. Though it was not guaranteed to always work, in the past I would often rebuild MacPorts on the new version of OS X by running "sudo port -f selfupdate"; now that we have the "wrong darwin" check, this and all other commands just print an error message and require the user to more laboriously figure out how to manually build from source.