problem with qt4-mac-mysql5-plugin

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Fri Sep 12 12:56:44 PDT 2014

On Sep 12, 2014, at 2:12 AM, vic hug <xelnagazchild at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot everyone
>
> So now i know that i'm not alone and that if i had searched the tickets, i would have seen the answer ; sorry for that. I'm not very good at using MacPorts.
> If i sum everything that has been said, what i should try is :
>
> sudo port uninstall --follow-dependencies akonadi
> then
> sudo port install akonadi +mysql51

This will install akonadi and mysql 5.1.72 which is pretty old.

Akonadi defaults to using mariadb 5.5.39 which is probably a better option unless you have a need for an older mysql.

To install akonadi with default mariadb use:
sudo port uninstall akonadi qt4-mac-mysql5-plugin mysql5 mysql5-server mysql51 mysql51-server
sudo port install akonadi

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)