Poll: Of Qt and KDE applications on OS X, and the About/Preferences menu.

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 19:00:55 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 7:55 PM, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> lets see unix uses /, well fum we’ll use \

And while I'm at it: all versions of MS-DOS that supported \ *also
supported /*. Microsoft even had a migration path planned out, using
AVAILDEV and SWITCHAR to begin migrating to something more Unix-like. (I
used to have a copy of their migration guide. Wish I still did; I suspect
it would be an "everything you think you know is wrong" for many people
here. For one, DOS was to be a multitasking OS by 4.0, with limited support
in 3.x.)

Users flatly refused, and Microsoft eventually gave up. But everything from
MS-DOS 2.0 on has supported / as a path separator.