Poll: Of Qt and KDE applications on OS X, and the About/Preferences menu.

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 06:32:03 PDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 3:53 AM, René J.V. <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> My memory isn't perfectly clear on this, but shouldn't that be "Apple"
> way?  Amiga and Atari were around at the time the original Mac came out

This should probably go off list, but the Mac was the first widely
available GUI system. Preceding it were LISA (with a earlier version of the
Mac UI) and the Xerox PARC work; the latter stayed in labs and the former
was not widely available or visible. Other commercial GUIs drew from the
Mac (see for example GEM Desktop); nobody went back to the original PARC
design, as Ian observed.