[MacPorts] #44798: kdepim4: preventing menu-related a kmail crash

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 10:43:07 PDT 2014

On Sunday September 21 2014 19:11:22 Marko wrote:

> This could be due to that you are not registered with a real *MacPorts-handle*, IIRC!
> > Are you registered as a MacPorts-maintainer? If you don't want to apply for it I could change the title for you!

Must be that. If registering as a MacPorts maintainer comes with obligations I'd just as rather not register for one, otherwise I have no objections if I can be of help ...

> Just let me know what you want it to look like.

Well, that depends a bit. Either it would be "kdepim4: preventing a menu-related kmail crash", or if there's incentive to consider a more extended patch (see attachment) it could be "kdepim4: fixes for menubar issues (1 fatal) in kmail".

The other patches are companion changes to the systray and About/Preferences issues I'm working on. The kmail systray won't show a title for instance, even with the kdelibs4 changes I proposed, because kmail uses QMenu instead of KMenu. It also doesn't use KStandardActions to define the configure/Preferences menu item (presumably because it can run inside kontact), so there's a little setMenuRole(PreferencesRole) call at the right place that can only do good.

Cheers,
René