Uninstall macports - opt path unexpected

Ann Mueller anncolorist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 15:32:23 PDT 2015

Hi,
I inherited a Mac from a co-worker, it had macports already installed.
While attempting to add iPython I had huge problems so I am uninstalling it
along with PIP so I can start over with macports, python, and iPython.

I am following these instructions to uninstall macports from my Mac.
https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2009-December/018177.html
https://guide.macports.org/index.html#installing.macports.uninstalling

My paths are really different and I don't know if I should be concerned or
do anything differently?

Use case: I searched my Mac OS Yosemite for org.macports and this is the
path
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/kde/kdelibs4/files/org.macports.kdecache.plist
.

that directory ../ports has a maybe 25 directories in it - for example
../math and ../kde.

There is no Application or Library directory there however, and per those
instructions my MacPorts directory is in this path:
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/
rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/sysutils/MacPorts

I can give more details but if anyone can tell me to continue or not
continue, to follow those instructions despite my really weird installation
locations I would appreciate the help.

-Ann