Alternatives for outdated assembler (AS)?

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 00:53:44 PDT 2015

>>> *which* OS X version though ? Big difference between 10.6 and 10.10 ...
>>

>> OS X 10.8.5, fully patched.
>

> and Xcode version, is that up to date ?

Xcode is Version 5.1.1 (5B1008). So in this case, its up to date for the OS.

I can't move to Xcode 6 until Apple makes it available on 10.8.5.

Upgrading to 10.9 is really not an option for me. There's too much
cloud integration, and I want to keep my data safer than that. Plus, I
have absolutely no trust for Apple keeping my keychain safe in the
cloud. I'll probably never move beyond OS X 10.8.

Jeff