Alternatives for outdated assembler (AS)?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 10 01:09:53 PDT 2015

> Upgrading to 10.9 is really not an option for me. There's too much
> cloud integration, and I want to keep my data safer than that. Plus, I
> have absolutely no trust for Apple keeping my keychain safe in the
> cloud. I'll probably never move beyond OS X 10.8.

Your choice... You should though bear in mind your assembler is only
outdated because your OS is...

If though you do want to stick with this OSX release, I do not think
trying to mix and match custom assemblers with the system compiler.

What about trying to just use a more modern compiler, such as clang 3.4
as provided by the macports port ?

Chris