Webkit-Gtk3 failed to upgrade

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Apr 22 09:52:52 PDT 2015

On Apr 22, 2015, at 11:45 AM, David Favor wrote:

> David Evans wrote:
>> On 4/20/15 2:36 AM, Giuseppe Di Matteo wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> update of webkit-gtk3 @2.4.8_1 failed on 10.10.3
>>>

>>> Giuseppe Di Matteo
>>> pinodimatteo at icloud.com
>>>

>> And all other platforms as well.  Thanks for the heads up.
>> Dave
>
> The only way I could get around this was to remove MacPorts + reinstall from scratch.
>
> After reinstall, all seems well.
>
> I keep a port-init script around for this, which installs all ports/variants,
> in appropriate order, to install ports I use.

I'm glad you got it working, but such drastic steps were not necessary unless your MacPorts installation had other unusual problems. Since you didn't tell us what problems you encountered it's hard to suggest what simpler steps would have solved it, but if anyone else experiences problems, please ask for help on this list before spending a lot of time unnecessarily uninstalling and reinstalling all your ports.