[Haskell-beginners] Error when running `cabal install cabal-install`

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 14:08:20 PDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 4:46 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi MacPorts Users, Is there better solution to this problem? Please
> see the original question regarding the conflict of MacPorts and
> Haskell. (I don't what to use haskell from MacPorts as I want to keep
> updated with the latest version of Haskell.)

I personally would not --- and do not --- chase the latest ghc, because a
fair amount of stuff still doesn't build with ghc 7.10.1 and we in #haskell
on Freenode keep having to advise people to switch back to 7.8 until the
library situation settles down. Wait for the first Platform release with
7.10 (hopefully within a month), after which MacPorts will be updated to it
(developer time permitting).