kde4-runtime, samba3, and talloc

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 00:47:21 PDT 2015

On Sunday April 26 2015 13:05:34 Ian Wadham wrote:

>I wonder why this new dependency has appeared?  Is it an oversight on the part of
>somebody in the KDE Community?  According to my reckoning, KDE 4 is "frozen"

Certainly not. It's been an oversight in the Portfile AFAIK.

The real question is why notmuch doesn't use a path: style dependency. With that, it can decide to pull in port:talloc if the library it provides isnt there, but if that library is there thanks to port:samba3 being installed the build will go through without a glitch.