kde4-runtime, samba3, and talloc

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Tue Apr 28 08:12:47 PDT 2015

Hello,

> The real question is why notmuch doesn't use a path: style dependency. With that, it can decide to pull in port:talloc if the library it provides isnt there, but if that library is there thanks to port:samba3 being installed the build will go through without a glitch.

I had the same idea, but the two libraries are not exactly at the same location (see below), and the configure script of notmuch is not that convenient nor clever to find the talloc library. There seem to be the need for some tweaking there.

Port talloc contains:
  /opt/local/include/talloc.h
  /opt/local/lib/libtalloc.2.0.8.dylib
  /opt/local/lib/libtalloc.2.dylib
  /opt/local/lib/libtalloc.dylib
  /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig/talloc.pc

Port samba3 contains:
[snip]
  /opt/local/include/talloc.h
[snip]
  /opt/local/lib/samba3/libtalloc.dylib
  /opt/local/lib/samba3/libtalloc.dylib.2
  /opt/local/lib/samba3/libtalloc.dylib.2.0.5