Problems with gettext

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Aug 11 21:25:03 PDT 2015

On Aug 11, 2015, at 6:52 AM, - wrote:

> The "clean" bit did the trick, thanks.

Ok, great. Please always clean and try again before reporting a problem.

> There is a sub set of xcode that is downloaded unless one asks for and must use the full developer version.

That subset is called the Xcode command line tools.

> The subset has performed several maacports installments without problem. That message is at the beginning of any port action but "list" in my experience.

At present, MacPorts is still designed under the assumption that you have both Xcode and the Xcode command line tools installed (because they were both in the same installer in Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier). Some ports will fail to install if you only have one or the other installed, so to avoid problems, it is recommended to install both.