Help with a port

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Aug 17 13:45:20 PDT 2015

> On Aug 17, 2015, at 4:18 PM, - <dandunfee at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On asking how one registers to submit a ticket when there are no apparant text entry fields to register when I attempted it at:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/auth/login/?next=/newticket
>
> A reply:
>
>> Register link works fine here, you only need to enter a valid email address and desired password.  The login dialog looks almost identical to the registration dialog.
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/auth/register/ <https://trac.macports.org/auth/register/>
>>
>> -Mike
>
> This gave me a clue why it doesn't work for me using the lynx browser. Taking a quick look under the hood for the html coding for that url found it uses java script.  Lynx doesn't use java script, thus even the text fields to register don't appear.
>
> I'm a blind computer user who prefers lynx because it is a text only browser; for obvious reasons.
>
> The register function and any others at the macports site can be accomplished using standard non-java coding.  Perhaps some thought should be given this.

I see both text fields when using both the lynx and links browsers (as provided by macports).

In fact, dumping the html for the register page (curl https://trac.macports.org/auth/register/) doesn’t show any apparent use of javascript in the form itself:

   <form method="post" action="" >

   	 <input class="submit" type="submit" value="Register">

   </form>

as the above poster said, the form for https://trac.macports.org/auth/login/?next=/newticket is almost identical:

   <form method="post" action="" >

   	 <input class="submit" type="submit" value="Login">

   </form>

I was able to log in and view the new ticket form with my macports username/password in both the lynx and links browsers.

--
Daniel J. Luke