website problem

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Aug 30 17:48:47 PDT 2015

On Aug 30, 2015, at 8:59 AM, Gideon Simpson wrote:

> I’m trying to downgrade to an older version of a port.

Here is an archived copy of the instructions from 18 months ago:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150516124256/http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/InstallingOlderPort

I rewrote many parts of the instructions a week or two ago, but unfortunately these have not been archived at archive.org yet.

> Is there a way to figure that out at the command line?  I used to just use the trac server to find the right svn number and then checkout that one.

Yes. In place of using the web-based repository browser that is part of our Trac installation, you can use the command-line svn client.

For example, if you were trying to downgrade to boost 1.58.0 now that we've updated boost in MacPorts to 1.59.0, you could run

svn log https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/devel/boost/ --limit 5

to see the last 5 log entries for boost. If you didn't find what you were looking for in the 5 most recent revisions, you could increase that number.

The Subversion URL will always begin with https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/ and then continue with the category name and main port name; you can find these in the third column of the output you see when running "port list boost":

port list boost
boost                          @1.59.0         devel/boost