texlive-htmlxml port appears to be broken

Marek Ruciński marek.rucinski at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 04:53:14 PDT 2015

Hello,

since trac.macports.org appears to be down for quite a while now, I'm
posting a problem report here.

A recent upgrade of the port texlive-htmlxml appears to be broken. More
specifically, htlatex command cannot be executed any more. The problem
appears to be caused by incorrectly set-up symlinks in the macports tree:

marek$ htlatex
-bash: htlatex: command not found
marek$ sudo port contents texlive-htmlxml | grep htlatex
  /opt/local/bin/htlatex
  /opt/local/libexec/texlive/texbin/htlatex
  /opt/local/share/texmf-texlive/scripts/tex4ht/htlatex.sh
marek$ ll /opt/local/bin/htlatex
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  admin    43B 13 Jul 23:39 /opt/local/bin/htlatex ->
/opt/local/libexec/texlive/binaries/htlatex
marek$ ll /opt/local/libexec/texlive/texbin/htlatex
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  admin    43B 13 Jul 23:39
/opt/local/libexec/texlive/texbin/htlatex ->
/opt/local/libexec/texlive/binaries/htlatex
marek$ ll /opt/local/libexec/texlive/binaries/htlatex
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  admin    26B 30 Aug 18:31
/opt/local/libexec/texlive/binaries/htlatex -> /scripts/tex4ht/htlatex.sh

Note the binaries location is not listed as provided by the port, as well
as the absolute path in the last symlink.

I though the problem may have originated in the update process so I
uninstalled and re-installed all texlive ports. This did not fix the
problem.

Thanks,
Marek