'aalib' fails to build.

Andrew Long andrew.long at mac.com
Mon Aug 31 06:21:59 PDT 2015

On 31 Aug 2015, at 14:01, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 8:48 AM, Andrew Long <andrew.long at mac.com> wrote:
> It fals during the configure phase. Here's the trailing several lines from main.log:-
>
> :info:configure dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libncurses.5.dylib
> :info:configure   Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libreadline.6.dylib
>
> This looks to me like a bad selection of compilers to choose from. I'm running OSX Lion 10.7.5 with the standard xcode for that version. I don't understand enough about the contents of teh configure.log to have any more of a guess
>
> ...? I see no mention of compilers. I *do* see that the recent update of ncurses broke readline (and pretty much everything else, because the idiot ncurses devs encouraged hardcoding version 5.x in various ways and now have released version 6.0).

Well, it *was* a guess, based on the statement about incompatible architectures a few lines later on. I did a little more investigation... I didn't find anything that depended on aalib (a bit of a surprise, because I didn't remember requesting it) so uninstalled it and retried the upgrade outdated, which promptly failed trying to upgrade texinfo, whose most superior user was webkit-gtk3-2.0 (which was forced as part of another port which I seem not to have anymore either) so uninstalled those and went back.

This time failed in lebedit which has way too many things that depend on it to try to uninstall.

I'm in the process of installing ncurses.5 (on the basis that readline.6 wants it so I'll give it to it) and it's now rebuilding a whole host of ports.

Can I assume that is a poor choice? I'm letting it rip at the moment (nothing critical going on) and can afford to do a bit of experimenting.

Regards, Andy
--
Andrew Long
Andrew dot Long at Mac dot com