'aalib' fails to build.

Andrew Long andrew.long at mac.com
Mon Aug 31 06:52:48 PDT 2015

On 31 Aug 2015, at 14:28, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 9:21 AM, Andrew Long <andrew.long at mac.com> wrote:
> 'm in the process of installing ncurses.5 (on the basis that readline.6 wants it so I'll give it to it) and it's now rebuilding a whole host of ports.
>
> Can I assume that is a poor choice? I'm letting it rip at the moment (nothing critical going on) and can afford to do a bit of experimenting.
>
> It's a great choice if you intend to never update your ports ever again. We're still fixing stuff broken by ncurses 5 -> ncurses 6, and as time goes by more ports will require ncurses 6 directly.

I seem to have singularly failed to downgrade to ncurses.5 *well, I *didn't* use the -f flag).

On the other hand, it *does* seem to have kicked the readline.6 upgrade into life along with a handful of other ports directly linked to it.

On the gripping hand, the upgrade outdated is now running alongside me.

Brandon, Ryan... thanks for your time.

Regards, Andy
--
Andrew Long