Gnome

David Evans devans at macports.org
Mon Dec 21 11:43:24 PST 2015

On 12/21/15 9:12 AM, Pierre Henri CHAUDOUARD wrote:
> Hello,
>

> OSX 10.11.2 Macports
>
> gnome @3.18.2_0
>

> I have problems with gnome-session and also gnome softwares in general.
>

> For example, with evince I get when trying to read a .dvi :
>

> (evince:43904): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not
> receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
> blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
>
> Segmentation fault: 11
>

> I have the same king of message with gnome-panel.
>

> I am not able to launch gnome-session (same kind of message).
>

> Thanks for your help !
>

> PH

First step is to make sure that dbus (the "message bus") is properly initialized by performing the operations recommended by

$ port notes dbus

Once this has been done you shouldn't have to do it again.

If problems persist (with evince for instance) please let me know if this is a +quartz build or if you are using X11 and
provide details on how to reproduce the problem including a sample .dvi file if possible.

Thanks, Dave