"To use the rsyncd server you must copy /opt/local/etc/rsyncd.conf.example ..."?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 05:34:41 PST 2015

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 7:09 AM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there an actionable item for me to perform? If so, what should I be
> doing (is it just the copy that's been called out)?

The rsync port installs both a client and a server. If you wanted to use
the server component, you'd follow those instructions. If all you care
about is the client, or if it installed the client as a dependency of
something else (the server is unlikely to have been installed as a
dependency; but if it was, then that something else should also have output
a note about the requirement), you can ignore the message.