can't start mysql56 after move datadir

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 08:34:28 PST 2015

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Murray Eisenberg <
murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've never heard permission "+x" referred to as "search permission". I
> thought +x is "execute" permission, which is surely more dangerous than +r
> read permission.

How do you execute a directory? +x *on directories* is "search". Likewise
setuid/setgid/save-text bits have different meanings on directories (and
setugid generally has other meanings non non-executable files), where they
otherwise wouldn't be meaningful.