CD creation/burning: [MacPorts] #46840: new port submission: xcdroast

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Fri Feb 13 18:31:52 PST 2015

In article <1815194.9uG6SLK7dp at portia.local>,
 Rene J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I'm aware of those settings; they have been in existence for as long as
> I can remember. There's no option however to ignore data CDs or DVDs, and I'm
> not sure if ignoring the injection of a music CD (i.e. not launch an app)
> will prevent it from being mounted by the Finder, which prevents access by
> other applications. One can unmount it (=/= eject), but it will be remounted
> as soon as you access the drive. Apparently that still generates events that
> the Finder reacts to.

You may be able to prevent automounting of optical media by adding
appropriate entries in /etc/fstab; that certainly worked for disk
partitions in older versions of OS X (I haven't tried it recently).
Even if does get automounted, you should be able to use the various
options in hdiutil to unmount and/or attach the device without mounting
file systems and/or making the mounts visible to the Finder.  hdiutil
has a boatload of options.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org