CD creation/burning: [MacPorts] #46840: new port submission: xcdroast

C.T. semaphore45 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 14 17:14:52 PST 2015

I would ask, purely out of curiosity, what does xcdroast provides that the Finder application doesn't?

     Le vendredi 13 février 2015 8h32, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> a écrit :

 On Friday February 13 2015 04:54:29 Ned Deily wrote:

> System Preferences -> CDs & DVDs -> When you insert a blank CD -> Ignore

Yes, I'm aware of those settings; they have been in existence for as long as I can remember. There's no option however to ignore data CDs or DVDs, and I'm not sure if ignoring the injection of a music CD (i.e. not launch an app) will prevent it from being mounted by the Finder, which prevents access by other applications. One can unmount it (=/= eject), but it will be remounted as soon as you access the drive. Apparently that still generates events that the Finder reacts to.

> Also see "man drutil" and "man hdiutil".

Thanks, I wasn't aware of drutil. Not the most intuitive name (dr = disk recording, in retrospect it doesn't seem illogical though ...)

@Eneko: have you tested Burn? Apparently there has been no development since 2011, and there's not even mention of OS X versions after 10.3 ...

R.