kmymoney crashes on startup after update

Stan Sanderson stansand at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 09:30:08 PST 2015

> On Feb 24, 2015, at 11:11 AM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tuesday February 24 2015 10:50:44 Stan Sanderson wrote:
>
>> The MacPorts documentation helped, of course, but in case anyone else is more “user" than “expert,” the steps I followed were:
>> 1. port deactivate kmymoney4 @4.7.1_0
>> 2. port deinstall kmymoney4 @4.7.1_0
>> 3. port clean —all kmymoney4
>> 4. port install kmymoney4
>
> You could have done this more directly:
>
> %> port clean kmymoney
> %> port -n upgrade --force kmymoney

René,

Thanks for the help. I have (fortunately) had little need to use port commands other than update and upgrade. When I learned that the problem was due to KMM upgrading before gwenhywfar4, I was still reluctant to attempt the reinstall on my primary machine. I went through the steps on the 32-bit iMac and, since that worked, re-installed KMM on the MacBook.

The reliability of MacPorts unfortunately encourages those of us who depend on a few ports (but would, I suppose, be classified as “casual” users) to lose sight of the underlying structure.

Once again, I am grateful for your help. The Internal Revenue Service will soon demand its due, and I was not looking forward to reconstructing records!

Stan