coinstallable qt5-mac : with qt4-mac only, or ?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 12:55:09 PST 2015

Now that we're making progress with making qt4-mac and qt5-mac co-installable, there's a similar question that could be asked:

is there any reason (not) to allow Qt 5.3, 5.4 and beyond to co-exist? I presume these iterations introduce less ABI incompatibilities, but if 5.4 is already frozen not even 2 months after its release I cannot really believe there will be perfect backwards ABI compatibility going from 5.n to 5.n+i ...

In other words, shouldn't the qt5-mac ports use qt5.n in there install paths rather than just qt5 ?

R.