gnuplot [solved]

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Wed Jan 7 16:00:49 PST 2015

> I do not keep my ports upto date, I do not regularily update being an old fart and having been bitten many times by the inocuous upgrade that breaks verything.
>
> My surprize when gnuplot stopped working in the last day or so is imense.
>
> This line in my plot files causes gnuplot to not run:
> set term x11 persist
>
> I presume that despite my protestations apple has sneaked some upgrade into yosemite that is breaking gnuplot.
> Can anybody shed some light on what is happening.
>
> I use gnuplot daily with a 2 year old compiled program that says:
>
>    fprintf (fp, "set term x11 persist\n"
> 		 "set grid\n"
> 		 "set xdata time\n"
> 		 "set format x \"%%d %%b\"\n"
> 		 "set timefmt \"%%d%%b %%H%%M\"\n"
> 		 "set st da li\n"
> 		 "set yrange [0:50]\n"
> 		 "set multiplot layout 2,1\n"
> 		 "plot “);
>
> This is definitly not a command problem.
> and not a new gnuplot versiom

Recompile the executables, run the sh scripts, all slowly and carefully until … nothing is wrong … everything works as it ought leaving me utterley flumuxed by what happened. Sorry for noise unless someone else encounteres the impossible. In all the above ‘aqua term’ worked (but you cannot set the geometry arbiturarily) ‘x11 term’ failed (but works perfectly now)

James