port:imap-uw and mailbox corruption on 10.9.5?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 15:02:18 PST 2015

Hello,

Is anyone else but me running the UW IMAP daemon as a local imap server? I haven't yet been able to pinpoint the exact culprit, but since I migrated to 10.9 (from 10.6.8), I get periodic corruption over the 1st line in my local inbox (/var/mail/$USER), that looks like if someone is doing out-of-bound memory access.
While not impossible, I cannot really believe that my email client (KDE's kmail) does that while checking the account (also, I should have noticed similar corruption in my email archives, which are imap folders accessed through that same server.

Thanks,
René