/opt/local/macports/software

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon Jan 19 07:07:54 PST 2015

----- On 19 Jan, 2015, at 15:40, Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org wrote:

> But I admit it is not very useful nowadays. It should be optional, at least when
> the version installed is the default one, i.e. the binary can be re-downloaded
> verbatim from the server (not a bespoken version with various variants set).

I disagree. I often use deactivation and activation, and I'd have to re-download
the archive every time I did that, it would be a major hassle for me.

> Similarly, is there a way to disable the storing of the source files in
> …/distfiles?

No, but there is going to be `port reclaim` in 2.4, that deletes files you no
longer need. Give it a try if you're running trunk, it could easily free up a
gigabyte or two.

--
Clemens Lang