/opt/local/macports/software

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 13:14:29 PST 2015

On Monday January 19 2015 15:58:08 Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> it mostly works (port provides doesn't, for now),

(echo, echo, e c h o :))

> One needs to set portdbpath in macports.conf to the 'real' path

Oh? I haven't, and I also don't see why it'd be required.

I think that for my 1st MacPorts install on 10.6, I used the defaults, and then moved the whole tree, making /opt/local a symlink.
Then after upgrading to 10.9, I followed the migration guide without bothering to change anything. Or rather, I changed the target of the symlink, so I could have the 10.6 and 10.9 versions side by side on the same "data" partition, with the appropriate symlink on 10.6 and 10.9 boot partitions.

There has been a time where this kind of configuration obliged one to deactivate sandboxing (trac #39850), but that issue has been solved.

R.