OT probably, help please

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 08:05:02 PST 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 11:02 AM, René J.V. <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> And yes, I do keep in mind that Apple has reasons to drive sales and
> incite people to buy new hardware and is probably not above tactics that
> decrease a product's theoretical lifetime.

I think there are a lot of things one can do that can have the side effect
of pushing the boundaries of hardware (this includes things like
compression). Not to mention things like SSD where you are explicitly
trading lifetime for performance. Searching for reasons to believe it's
just to drive obsolescence isn't particularly fruitful, unless you consider
paranoia an end in itself.