In the process of compiling KDEnlive in MacPorts when:

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 14:42:04 PST 2015

On Tuesday January 27 2015 23:13:12 Marko Käning wrote:

> > How would I know what application is blocking?
> >
> > My terminal window just shows exactly what I pasted ending with:
> > 	>> [ 96%] Built target drkonqi

If `top -u` doesn't show an application taking up a lot of resources, there's the Activity Monitor that can show which applications are hung, and if not there's always ^\ (Ctrl-backslash) to send a SIGKILL (kill -9) which may open a crashreporter window which will show what application was killed.

> Please open ticket on trac and attach your complete build log for reference and add nicos as maintainer.

Try this first: Save your current build log, and then install or upgrade kde4-runtime manually. Apparently MacPorts thinks it has to be upgraded, so let it. If that also hangs you're sure that the error is with building that port, and not kdenlive.

If `port upgrade kde4-runtime` tells you that the port is already up to date, you should try `port -v -d -n install kdenlive` . That will prevent it from trying to upgrade any of kdenlive's dependencies.

> > I have built KDEnlive before without issue, and was just rebuilding it against upgraded dependencies when this started.

Which dependencies were upgraded?

> I see, but still I wonder why you needed to rebuild kde4-runtime… I thought it was binary distributable.

That doesn't mean everyone gets the binaries...

R.