In the process of compiling KDEnlive in MacPorts when:

Jeff Singleton gvibe06 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 14:49:30 PST 2015

Resolved.

I still don't know what caused the issue...

I closed down everything I had open, and took the opportunity to upgrade
OS X to 10.10.2...during the reboot I cleared PRAM x3.

This time I started the compile by just compiling kde4-runtime, and for
some reason it worked this time. Followed up with compiling KDEnlive
which was also successful.

Moving on :)