octave-control configure fail

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Sun Jul 5 10:50:29 PDT 2015

I've been working on a fix to this issue, but haven't finalized it yet.
The problem is that mkoctfile hard-codes -L and -I paths, when what it
should actually do is glean them at runtime just before compiling or
linking. My way around this is to override the settings in mkoctfile by
those determined from the active libgcc port. Since all of the gcc4*
ports link with the libraries provided by libgcc, we should not have to
rev-bump octave* ports for updates to gcc4*.

All of the above said, I need to get the qt4-mac relocation work done
first. I don't know when I'll get to this item, since I have only so
much free time in July and August for this sort of work. And, doing a
rev-bump is pretty simple in the whole scheme of things, so there does
not seem to be a major need for this work just yet. Thus, adding in the
comment as Ryan says to the top of the Portfile seems like a wise idea.
- MLD