Can you install GCC 5.2 at the same time as GCC 4.8 (or 4.9)?

David Barto david at kdbarto.org
Sun Jul 26 09:49:51 PDT 2015

I’d like to test 5.2, and I don’t want to un-install 4.8.4 because it works with our current code base. I know that 4.9.0 had problems with our code and so I might want to re-try that with the latest version.

My major question is in the subject: Can I install both at the same time? I know that some of the libs required for one version might destroy/overwrite versions for the other.

Anyone know? I’ve looked through the past 5 months of the mailing list archive and didn’t see this sort of question come up.

	David