Anybody have a G5?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jun 2 07:48:40 PDT 2015

On Jun 2, 2015, at 9:45 AM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2015, at 7:36 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a volunteer who has a working Mac with a PowerPC G5 processor and MacPorts installed, who could run a small test for me.
>
> I have a G5 that I haven't run in a year and a half. If given a day or two I could turn it up. What OS would you want to run?

10.5 preferred but 10.4 is fine. I just want to test building the gts port for ppc64 to see what it puts in its predicates_init.h file. It is generated by running a program, and the source of the program says this is because it varies by machine, but I've tested ppc, i386 and x86_64 and the contents are identical. Want to check if ppc64 is identical too.