configure: error: cannot find QtCore header

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Jun 11 09:19:11 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Hinckley Dan wrote:
> On 11 Jun, 2015, at 8:08, Rainer Müller wrote:
>
>> On 2015-06-11 13:09, Hinckley Dan wrote:
>>> I have qt5-mac installed and am compiling a program which looks for qtccore. The error I get is:
>>>
>>> checking QtCore usability... no
>>> checking QtCore presence... no
>>> checking for QtCore... no
>>> configure: error: cannot find QtCore header; try setting CPPFLAGS.
>>
>> You should look into config.log to get the details of this failing test.
>>
>> Perhaps it is also trying to link a simple program which requires setting LDFLAGS as well.
>>
>> Have you made sure it is actually looking for the right version of Qt? Often, Qt 5.x is referenced by Qt5Core and Qt 4.x is QtCore.
>
> configure.ac:
>
>> # libqt 4.7 or compatible newer version is required.
>> AC_CHECK_HEADER([QtCore], [],
>>                 [AC_MSG_ERROR([cannot find QtCore header; try setting CPPFLAGS.])])
>> AC_CHECK_HEADER([QtGui], [],
>>                 [AC_MSG_ERROR([cannot find QtGui header; try setting CPPFLAGS.])])
>> AC_CHECK_HEADER([Qt3Support], [],
>>                 [AC_MSG_ERROR([cannot find Qt3Support header; try setting CPPFLAGS.])])
>
> I have qt-mac4 installed (and 5, but deactivated) but don’t know which path to put into the CPPFLAGS.

This is contradicting your previous claim that you have qt5-mac installed.

If you have qt5-mac deactivated, then building against Qt5 won't work,
no matter what combination of
    /opt/local/libexec/qt5-mac/...
flags you try to set.

But the code above seems to be looking after Qt 4, not Qt 5.

You could either use frameworks:
    /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework
(with -F/opt/local/Library/Frameworks -framework QtCore)

or check the flags with

> pkg-config --libs QtCore
-L/opt/local/lib -lQtCore
> pkg-config --cflags QtCore
-DQT_SHARED -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/QtCore

These are the flags you need to get QtCore working, but you will
likely have to add others.

Mojca