configure: error: cannot find QtCore header

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 06:44:11 PDT 2015

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> [...]

What kind of configure utility do you use? Qt's qmake, or cmake with the modules
from the qt5-mac port? When you use qmake you have to make sure that you use the
one from the Qt version you intend to use; when you use cmake you have to sure
it finds the appropriate modules. From there, you should be fine without need to
specify and CPFLAGS, CFLAGS or LDFLAGS yourself. "Should", meaning if Qt5 is
installed correctly and Qt4 doesn't get in its way if that version is installed
too. Both conditions do not necessarily hold in MacPorts, currently.

> But the code above seems to be looking after Qt 4, not Qt 5.

Not exactly, it finds the Qt4 headers because they're there while the Qt5 headers
are elsewhere. This results from having qt4-mac installed in "exclusive" mode,
and activated.
The only way around this is to deactivate qt4-mac in order to build Qt5
applications until qt4-mac is made "concurrent" too (or a concurrent
qt4-mac-devel port is made available in the meantime).