sane-backends

hweber hweber at elektropapier.de
Mon Mar 2 01:39:51 PST 2015

Hy Rainer Müller,

thank you for your answer! My problem is: The new scanner is a CanoScan LIDE 210. It’s listed as complete for 1.0-63. But it does not work with 1.0-24 from macport.

This is what I get:

mbpneu:$ sane-find-scanner

  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x0fd9 [Elgato], product=0x0011 [EyeTV Diversity]) at libusb:001:006-0fd9-0011-00-00
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.

  # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
  # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
  # necessary.

This looks fine, but

mbpneu:$ scanimage -L

And the script

scanimage —verbose --device-name=$device_name --lamp-off-time=0 --disable-dynamic-lineart=yes --threshold=60 --mode=Lineart --resolution=300 -l 5 -t 5 -x 210 -y 280  --batch=out%d.pgn --batch-prompt --batch-start=10

dies with:

scanimage: no SANE devices found

This my problem :-(

hweber
hweber at elektropapier.de

On 2015-03-01 21:56, hweber wrote:
> sane-backends on macports is on @1.0.24. http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html lists sane-genesys 1.0-63. 1.0-63 does not work unter OSX 10.10? What is the reason that macports stays at 1.0.24? My new scanner needs 1.0-63 ist there anywhere a solution?

Don't get confused by these version numbers. As listed on top of the
website, the current stable version of sane-backends is 1.0.24, which is
also the version MacPorts provides.

This version number 1.0-63 listed is for the genesys backend, which is
distributed as part of sane-backends.

Rainer