selfupdate doesn't work

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 2 12:03:39 PST 2015

On Mar 2, 2015, at 10:15 AM, William H. Magill wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2015, at 11:53 PM, Jim Goudie wrote:
>
>> Hello...  I'm running OS X 10.6.8 on a dual-core Macbook Pro...
>>
>> I've got Xcode 3.2 loaded from the snow leopard CD.  Software Update did not find an update for it.
>
> Xcode does not update -- it is a new version you have to search for it in the App store.

As far as I know, Xcode is not in the app store for OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, and it will not always update via Software Update either. Instead, you download it from the Apple Developer Connection web site. The latest free version for Snow Leopard is 3.2.6. Jim, if that's not the version you got from your DVD, please get it from ADC.