selfupdate doesn't work

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Mon Mar 2 12:13:22 PST 2015

On Mon, 2 Mar 2015, William H. Magill wrote:

> > On Mar 1, 2015, at 11:53 PM, Jim Goudie <jagoudie at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hello...  I'm running OS X 10.6.8 on a dual-core Macbook Pro...
> >
> > I've got Xcode 3.2 loaded from the snow leopard CD.  Software Update
> > did not find an update for it.
>
> Xcode does not update -- it is a new version you have to search for it
> in the App store.

Jesus H Christ upon a purple pogo stick!  When I bought my MacBook, she
ran Snow Leopard 10.6.8, and Xcode was 5.5.1 back then.

After those years, she's now running Yosemite 10.10.2, and Xcode is 6.0.1
(which I think has been updated).

Don't people check their boxen every so often, vulnerability-wise?  No
bloody wonder that the malware background noise is increasing...

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)