OpenMP?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Mar 11 06:25:01 PDT 2015

On Mar 9, 2015, at 8:11 PM, Jan Steinman wrote:

> I have built pdf2djvu with MacPorts, but in trying to use it with multiple processors, (option "-j0", meaning automagically use as many processors as are available), I get the following message:
>
> 	Warning: pdf2djvu was built without OpenMP support; multi-threading is disabled.
>
> "port variants pdf2djvu" does not show any way to link in multiprocessor support, even though I have built openmpi via "port install openmpi".
>
> Any ideas how I can enable multiprocessing with pdf2djvu and thus make the "-j" option useful?

If pdf2djvu's multiprocessing support requires that it be compiled with OpenMP, then that's not easy on OS X, because on OS X we compile with clang, and clang does not have OpenMP support. People seem to be working on adding OpenMP support to clang, but it doesn't seem to be done or included in any version of clang thus far seen.