[MacPorts] #47189: submission: audacity

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Mar 18 09:10:07 PDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 8:54 AM, René J.V. <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> There
>  are a few required components which are not in MacPorts and for which a
>  local version is used: libsms, libsoxr, libvamp, portsmf and widgetextra.
>  Audacity's configure script will detect and use the "system" versions when
>  available, so it will be easy to adapt the port if any of these are
>  considered useful beyond Audacity and added to MacPorts.

Isn't this behavior to be avoided in ports? The configure script
detecting these wont produce replicable builds. I'd think those
features should be disabled until they are available in MacPorts. Or,
by "local version" do you mean part of the Audacity source tree?
Regardless, I'd think the configure would still need to be set up to
only use the internal or MacPorts versions.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448