what was up with ntp again?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 11:17:11 PDT 2015

On Monday March 23 2015 18:05:45 Christopher Jones wrote:

> I do have
>
> /private/var/db/ntp.drift
>
> could you perhaps have sym linked it, or similar, at some point ? I certainly have never touched or even looked at this file until just now...

I didn't have that file either (OS X 10.9), and the pacemaker manpage does say something about the daemon exiting if the file isn't recreated within a certain time after deleting it. I've created empty files for both /var/db/ntp.drift and /etc/ntp.drift to see if they get populated; what should the permissions be?

R.