what was up with ntp again?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 12:46:36 PDT 2015

On Monday March 23 2015 14:36:53 Brandon Allbery wrote:

> the question of why the clock drifts so badly. Does everyone who sees that
> *really* not reboot often?

%> w
20:35  up 38 days,  6:28, 5 users, load averages: 4.35 5.43 4.61

I only reboot when forced to, basically.

> Did you perhaps remove this file in one of your various OS X
> ‘customisations’

What various customisations, where? O:-)

So what does this mean?
%> sudo launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.pacemaker.plist
nothing found to load

What is /etc/ntp.conf supposed to contain? Just the server name, or also minpoll and maxpoll (as in in old ntp.conf.applesaved from 2006 (!))?