what was up with ntp again?

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 23 12:47:38 PDT 2015

> On 23 Mar 2015, at 7:46pm, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Monday March 23 2015 14:36:53 Brandon Allbery wrote:
>
>> the question of why the clock drifts so badly. Does everyone who sees that
>> *really* not reboot often?
>
> %> w
> 20:35  up 38 days,  6:28, 5 users, load averages: 4.35 5.43 4.61
>
> I only reboot when forced to, basically.

nothing (in principle) wrong with that …

>> Did you perhaps remove this file in one of your various OS X
>> ‘customisations’
>
> What various customisations, where? O:-)

Oh, just based on your various posts I get the distinct impression you are in the habit of fiddling with system stuff. Each to their own, but for me second guessing Apple just leads to more pan than gain...

> So what does this mean?
> %> sudo launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.pacemaker.plist
> nothing found to load
>
> What is /etc/ntp.conf supposed to contain? Just the server name, or also minpoll and maxpoll (as in in old ntp.conf.applesaved from 2006 (!))?

All I have is

> Phobos ~ > cat /etc/ntp.conf
> server time.euro.apple.com

and yes, I haven’t fiddled with this at all, of course ;)

Chris