what was up with ntp again?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 13:34:47 PDT 2015

On Monday March 23 2015 19:47:38 Christopher Jones wrote:

> > I only reboot when forced to, basically.
>
> nothing (in principle) wrong with that …

One thing, actually: disk errors can accumulate (some form of fsck is run when you reboot/mount a disk).

> Oh, just based on your various posts I get the distinct impression you are in the habit of fiddling with system stuff. Each to their own, but for me second guessing Apple just leads to more pan than gain...

That's not entirely true (your assessment of me) but I do usually think twice and read up on potential hazards ... and back up stuff that I edit in any significant way.

> > server time.euro.apple.com
>
> and yes, I haven’t fiddled with this at all, of course ;)

Me too. Oh, wait, yes, I did fiddle with these contents. Through a sanctified hacking utilitity called System Preferences ;)

R.