libjpeg vs. libjpeg-turbo

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri May 22 07:06:18 PDT 2015

> On May 21, 2015, at 11:11 PM, Mihai Moldovan <ionic at macports.org> wrote:
>> This would involve verifying that libjpeg-turbo works (or at least builds)
>> correctly on PowerPC and Intel Macs running 10.4 and up.
>
> This could become an issue on PPC and older versions. Who can test, whether
> current libjpeg-turbo builds?

also, that’s ridiculous since we only officially support the current and previous OS release (and we probably shouldn’t be helping people to keep running systems that aren’t receiving security patches from Apple anymore).

If it does build there, and we can verify it - great - otherwise I don’t think it should stop us from moving forward.
--
Daniel J. Luke