[KDE/Mac] KDE recent issues

Kurt Hindenburg khindenburg at macports.org
Sat May 23 13:36:15 PDT 2015

> On May 23, 2015, at 3:51 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Saturday May 23 2015 15:29:07 Kurt Hindenburg wrote:
>
>> Hello, in the past month or so, I’ve noticed in both Konsole and Konversation this issue.  At seemly random times, I get a vertical swath of about 1-2 inches from top to the bottom of the window that is colored gray.  It appears that the left edge is around the application icon.  The menus also appear messed up.
>> Have there been recent patches?  and is anyone else noticing issues?
>
> Hi Kurt,
>
> I haven't noticed anything of the sort but I tend not to use Konsole (does it have any advantages of Terminal.app?) and haven't had to go on IRC either.
>
> What OS version are you using? What KDE style/theme? Do you have any idea of something (activity, other applications) that's linked to the glitch? What model Mac do you have? Does the issue go away when you hide/unhide or relaunch the application, or are more drastic measures required (logout, reboot)?

Hi,
  I’m running the latest 10.10 on a last generation Mac mini.  I’m using whatever is the default sytle/theme.  I typically have Konsole/Konversation/Akregator running at all times. I have tried starting with a fresh KDE install with a mostly fresh config install (and rebooted).  It does appear to be related to the tabs.  However, if I hide the tabbar in Konsole and switch tabs the issues shows up.  I was just curious if it was my system or other people have seen it.
  Kurt