[KDE/Mac] KDE recent issues

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at gmail.com
Sun May 24 20:34:34 PDT 2015

On 5/24/15 13:00 , macports-users-request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:
> Subject: Re: [KDE/Mac] KDE recent issues
>
> On Saturday May 23 2015 15:29:07 Kurt Hindenburg wrote:
>
>>> Hello, in the past month or so, I?ve noticed in both Konsole and
>>> Konversation this issue.  At seemly random times, I get a
>>> vertical swath of about 1-2 inches from top to the bottom of the
>>> window that is colored gray.  It appears that the left edge is
>>> around the application icon.  The menus also appear messed up.
>>> Have there been recent patches?  and is anyone else noticing
>>> issues?
> Hi Kurt,
>
> I haven't noticed anything of the sort but I tend not to use Konsole
> (does it have any advantages of Terminal.app?) and haven't had to go
> on IRC either.
>
> What OS version are you using? What KDE style/theme? Do you have any
> idea of something (activity, other applications) that's linked to the
> glitch? What model Mac do you have? Does the issue go away when you
> hide/unhide or relaunch the application, or are more drastic measures
> required (logout, reboot)?
>
> Cheers, Ren?

I see something like this also for other KDE apps (Dolphin, Gwenview,
others). It is related to Yosemite; I didn't see it with Mountain Lion.
It is particularly troubling with Dolphin. Sometimes popup windows for
things like "open with -> other" go completely blank.

It would be great if it could be resolved. Googling reports nothing --
not too many users of KDE on Mac.

Jonathan